Monday, March 9, 2009

Ginger teriyaki salmon


Restraint and moderation are two concepts that I have trouble understanding and putting into practice.

At first I only ate half of the Oreo fudge bar I made yesterday. Today, I ate 2 whole, larger than the size of my palm slices consecutively. To say I had a sudden burst of energy is an understatement - on the plus side I powered through a decent amount of laundry and house work before crashing on the couch. To counteract my sugar-heavy morning/afternoon I thought I would be a good girl and make something super healthy (but filling - no light salads for me) for dinner.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 39mins - 9mins for glaze, 30mins for marinating.
cook time: 6mins.
total: 45mins.

taste: 3.5/5. It was nice; the ginger added a nice spicy dimension whilst the honey and orange juice added a sour sweetness. 6mins under the broiler was not enough; I like my salmon pink, but the middle of the fish was completely raw - too chewy for my taste. I served mine with steamed snow peas and rice.


would I make it again: No. I prefer the mirin glazed salmon over this.

recipe: http://www.foodchannel.com/recipes/75-ginger-teriyaki-salmon

4 comments:

  1. ah, back for more of the oreo bars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. The oreo bars look good too. Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - the oreo bars were more addictive than I realised. Wish there were some still left...

    ReplyDelete